Hurt belly?

When my eldest dd, now 15 was really little ( 2 yrs - 4 yrs) complained her belly hurt her, her grandmother (my mil) would always say she must be hungry and rush off to fix her a snack. Didn't think much of it, thought maybe her age and her just being a grandma. Although it did get to a point where my dd would tell me her belly hurt every time she wanted to eat instead of just saying she was hungry. She grew out of it.

Today, my youngest age 3 was complaining of a tummy ache. While I was trying to figure out what was wrong and soothe her, her 8 yr old sister rushed to get her an apple. She told me that when she wakes up in the morning her tummy hurts until she eats her breakfast so she thought a snack would help her sister. I never knew that, she never said anything. It was sweet though that she thought of her sister that way. :-)

Anywho, got me wondering. Is that true? That your belly hurts whenever you get hungry? I would have thought that might happen after a long time without food, not just a couple of hours, which is how often the kids want food. This has never happened to me, even when I've gone whole days without eating.

Does you belly hurt when you need a snack?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes! It is called hunger pains! They r normal and that is how your body tells u that u r hungry.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It has, but mostly it's a nausea thing with me. I do get a horrid headache if I don't eat. I think most of it's contributed to blood sugar levels.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I feel like I need to throw up when I'm hungry. Once in awhile I'll get bad stomach cramps too.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yep, happens to me & my kids.
    Anonymous