Husbands

how do you get your husband to understand where your coming from in a discussion??

Kat1990

Asked by Kat1990 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I guess we are lucky and just click that way.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Share in terms and in a manner in which he comprehends.. Each and every person has their own way of communicating. That's not only the manner in which they share something, understanding someone's communication style includes understanding how they comprehend something as well. The best way to try and make sure a partner/spouse understands what you are trying to communicate is to do your best to communicate to them/with them in a manner in which they comprehend. Knowing and understanding a spouses manner of communicating is essential in making sure good, honest and open communication happens in a marriage/relationship.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Lol I don't know....I just try to make it as clear as possible....I also try to use an example of something that relates to him and his life to help him understand....possibly it just comes from being together for awhile lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Well....i think a lot of that has to do with the individual & how empathetic/compassionate they are. Some people have a harder time understanding other peoples feelings, while some other folks are very good at it,

My husband knows me, he knows i have lots of feelings. He's pretty good at understanding where i come from, but i am also good at explaining myself. We both have very open communications, but even still.....there have been times when we just agree to disagree. You can't be on the same page as everyone all the time, it's OK if one partner is struggling with understanding. If it's a real big issue that NEEDS to be understood, then i would seek counseling. Otherwise, i would maybe write him a note when i have some good time to try my best to explain to him where i am coming from.

Also, sometimes people are just stubborn & refuse to even try to understand....those people are called difficult.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I will give him examples from his life as well.
    A lot of times I let him deal the problem. For example, I tell him I need time away from the kids when he gets off work. He used to complain about it until one day when he was off work I left him with the kids all day. It worked like a charm.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 2:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You have to speak his language, and most women tend to speak to their husbands the same way they would talk to a girlfriend. It doesn't work. You have to learn your husband's dialect and then you have to learn how to speak. It's one of the most exciting things about marriage. You begin by listening closely to every word your husband says, not just to you but to others to whom he speaks. Once you've figured out his language, you will have no trouble communicating with him about any subject which you care to discuss.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I hit him in the back of the head with a frying pan.
    Anonymous

• Most men you need to get out your box of crayons and drawing pad and draw them a picture. If that doesn't work then pick up the 2x4 that is sitting on the couch next to you and give them a whack between the eyes (like you do with a mule). Just kidding. I don't have any idea how to get through to a man in a discussion. I wound up divorcing mine because he didn't care about anything that I said. I WAS NOTHING TO HIM I was only there to fulfill HIS NEEDS. I was not important enough to talk to or to share ideas with, I wasn't any smarter than a box of rocks.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 4:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• can't unless he listens and pays attention
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• be straight up with him...let him know u is serious
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011