What are somethings I can cook and freeze for my dh and kids for when i go to the hospital to have the baby?

I am having contractions already and I am only 31 weeks and 3 days. So I am looking to freeze things so that my dh all he has to do is warm it up for the kids. But I am looking at things that I can keep in there for a while so I can start making them now. I am not due until august 9th, but I am trying to get the stuff together now incase I go early although incase I don't I need something that can stay good a while in the freezer. What are somethings I can make and freeze? How long can I freeze it for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• enchiladas, spaghetti sauce, hubs can boil the noodles, Stouffer's make an awesome mac n cheese in family size, already frozen! dont go overboard, he can always call for pizza!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 2:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• U r most likely feeling false contractions called braxton hicks.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• meatballs, chicken, cassarole. that is all i can think of right now.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sorry about the food.I cannot comeup with anything.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• you can make basically any kind of casserole and properly stored they last a long time. You could also make lasagna or ziti or even some soups. BUt also you could stock up on chicken patties or chicken nuggets for a quick meal that they can make. Also for breakfast meals you can make homemade waffles or pancakes that they can stick in the toaster. if i think of more i'll post them
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Spaghetti sauce? He can just boil the pasta and voila! Soups? How old are the kids? Meatloaf freezes well. Chicken a la King and he would just have to do rice. Congrats mama!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• In addition to the above, quiche freezes really well.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Lasagna freezes really well. You can wrap up individual servings and freeze them, so he can warm just what he needs.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• oh yeah you could make things like crock pot meals and again stored right will last a while. things like pot roast and bbq chicken (like pulled pork) or even some spaghetti
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 2:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I didn't have contractions at all with my other 2 babies until I was induced. I keep getting this pain in my side and I keep getting these sharp pains in my private
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011