What age is a child old enough to go see a movie in the theatre?

My boy loves cars and id love to take him to see the second one in theatre but hes two and i dont know if he'd be to loud and wed get kicked out. How old was your child when you took them to see their first big screen movie?

youngmum87

Asked by youngmum87 at 2:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• Two is awfully young, but you're unlikely to get kicked out of the theater, as long as you take him to a matinee show.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Two. Have you checked into the free summer movies? You could take him to one and see how he does - and since it's free, nothing lost! We plan to take our 2 yo to see Cars 2, but all of my older ones started going at 2. Some kids are ready, others are not.

Answer by missanc at 2:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My oldest was able to sit through a movie (quietly) in a theater at 2, but my youngest is 3.5 and still can not do that
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Mine all went to their first when they were between 1-2 years old. My kids don't have a problem sitting through a movie at home, so I thought they'd do okay - and they all did. 2 of them fell asleep partway through their first movies. We just went to se Hop and the theater was full of kids, half did well but half were annoying. IMO take your chance if he does fine at home with movies, but be prepared to take him out. Snacks (take some along that he likes/is familiar with, and buy something there) help a lot too!
    Anonymous

• I think 16 is a good age. But i still would want my child to still use the buddy system.
    momblessedw4

Answer by momblessedw4 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• hmm if they don't have ADD of ADHD maybe 7 is a good age?
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2011