SO has to get insurance on his DD...anyone know of good reasonably priced places?

We just need to find insurance for her. It's not provided through work. CS order says he either has to provide insurance or pay $116 to pay for his ex wife's new husband's insurance at work to cover her. I think that we could find some cheaper that would provide adequate coverage.

huntin_mama

Asked by huntin_mama at 2:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• You won't find much cheaper than that.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't think you can find it much cheaper and the coverage may not be as good. I bought it for my dd thru Blue Cross. It was about $100/month. THe price goes up if you get a lower deductible so make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Her deductible was $1000. Copay to doctors was $30 each visit. This did not include any dental ins. or vision ins. We had to pay out of pocket for the first $500 of perscriptions. I would go see an agent and get some quotes and then compare it to what his insurance covers. When you buy ins the price goes up every year but they dont usually increase as much thru a business.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think the best way to find insurance is this:

1) Look in the area and find who the major insurance providers are.
    2) Look into a local clinics/Dr's offices/hospitals and see which insurance providers are the prevailing ones.
    3) Look into each one of those insurance providers and check out what plans they offer at what rate. Make sure to check things like: is it an HMO or a PPO, what does the plan cover and what does it not cover, is prescription coverage included, is there a deductible/if so how much, if there are any special circumstances make sure the plan will cover them (meaning if the child has any health issues that need to be taken into consideration).
    4) Once all that research is completed. Sign up for the insurance provider and plain that best fits his needs.

Good luck. Getting insurance (good insurance..lol) can be a tricky thing.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't know where you live, but my sister's ex is responsible for my nephew's health coverage and didn't have any through work. He lives in a different state than us but was able to purchase health insurance from our state's plan. However, I believe he isn't paying much less than what you're looking at.
    Anonymous

• I dont think you will find it cheaper. You can try Blue cross.

Answer by gemgem at 2:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You can get a total health benefits package for your entire family less than $50 a month.It covers dental,health,vision,prescription and chiropracitc.No waiting period,30 day money back guarantee,instant savings,no age limits,and things like cosmetic and specialists are included. www.mybenefitsplus.com/davia
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 11:06 AM on Sep. 3, 2011