What supplies does she need?

ok today someone from headstart came (instead of calling) and told my husband that they finally have a spot open for her, she will start monday if the bus comes. Ok im new to this and i need to know what supplies to buy her for headstart.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Here Headstart is not allowed to ask for ANYTHING. I thought it a bit loopy because they couldn't even ask for recycled items like empty baby food jars. No lunch or snack either because they got it free from the school system, and they didn't want extra food there because of the way they do their lunches. Only think they need is a backpack.
    vampjaded

Answer by vampjaded at 1:29 AM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I would imagine just a backpack, some tissues, some crayons, a pencil or two, an eraser. Oh, and don't forget the hand sanitizer. I am so all about hand sanitizer.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Call them and ask. She may come home with a list on Monday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• im going to ask friday because they are going to call me then and i will ask, i just wanted to go ahead and start buying tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I dont believe she will need anything but a backpack. Being the nature of the program, and everything is paid for I dont know think they will ask for supplies like they would in Kindergarten.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:22 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i would just pack her a backpack with germx,crayons,fat pencil,and a snack, head start is pretty basic & the centers usually already have everything, they'll send you a list i she needs anything extra :) ~ check for lice EVERYDAY! :)
    tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 8:43 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• My daughter is in a program like that in Indianapolis, and she does not have any "required" supplies. Every once in a while they will ask for something, but it is not like a list - we got a note asking for Kleenex and sanitizers, but that wasn't even a requirement, I think that only half of the parents donated the items. We send Emma with her backpack, a lunch or snack, and that is it.
    EmmasMommy1014

Answer by EmmasMommy1014 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 11, 2008