Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I want to adopt legally, but without an agency.

Answer Question

Asked by Wanttoadopt06 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Adoption

Level 2 (5 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • U need an adoption lawyer. Also DCFS will investigate and do a home inspection.

    Answer by dancer at 2:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • unless you find someone to just have a baby for u.

    Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • My uncle and aunt did this...they went through their personal lawyer.

    Answer by MommyH2 at 3:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • Our adoption was a private adoption -no agency. We had to hire an adoption attorney. We had to get medicals done, financial statements, and background checks. Also our home was checked through the courts.

    Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • What if you have somebdy to hv a baby for you???

    Answer by Yogi31 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • You would need a lawyer who specializes in adoptions to make sure everything is legal.

    Answer by glam.fairy at 4:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

  • My neighbors did this. They found a woman (my neighbor's boss's stepdaughter) who was a single mom and having her 2nd child. They just needed an attorney who specializes in family law to help them with the paperwork to make it all legal.  It was rather inexpensive too.  Well under $1000, but that was back in 1996.


    Answer by JSD24 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I would hire a lawyer...

    Answer by momof2redhedz at 1:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Adoption
Adoption in MO?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
Anyone have this happen?