Do you pierce your baby girls ears?

My dd is almost 6 months old. I really like the look of pierced ears, but I am afraid of causing her pain. I did ask her pedi about it, and he suggested getting her 2mo shots first ... and that was done 4 months ago. I'm just not sure what to do. So are your baby girls ears pierced? If you did, how old were they and how did they do with it? If not, why did you choose not to?

kmqw229

Asked by kmqw229 at 3:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got my Daughter's ears periced at 12 months , I think she did good , she sat there with a toy , she was very still , and not squirmy . she cried on the first ear , continued to cry during and after the second one , but she still didnt move much , after it was all over with she stopped crying , and my i got my sons ear periced at 8 months , and he did good aswell , my daughter is 7 years old now , and loves wearing earrings , and my son is 10 months (:
    des11987

Answer by des11987 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no, I waited to give her the priviledge of asking to have them done. She asked at 3yrs old.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't have a girl (so I probably shouldn't be answering this question) but I feel strongly about not piercing them that young.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I have 2 girls and neither have their ears pierced b/c the way I see it I will let them get older and decide if they want to put holes in their bodies. I do think its cute though. :)

Punkylu78

Answer by Punkylu78 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• we did my oldest daughters ears at 6 months old and are letting my 2 year-old decide once she gets older. I wanted them done before she knew she had ears and would play with them. at age 5 she is great with her earrings. it was a few seconds of pain (like not being able to find the hole in your ear while putting one in) and as long as she doesn't get infected she should be okay.
    Anonymous

• I do not think its right to get a babies ears pierced so little.. My daughter is 3 and just got them done the other day. The only reason she got them done is bc she asked for them, she is old enough to help take care of them. she can clean and she twists them. But its your child it is your choice. Ohh and my daughter only said ouch and cried for like 3 seconds lol..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• we pierced our dd's ears at about 6mos. She was fine until she started messing w/the earrings at about 13mos and she would pull them out. I eventually took them out and let them grow back. She had them re pirced at about 6 years old and is fine now at the ripe old age of 11. I don't think I would have done it when she was a baby if I had it to do over again.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• was told that the smaller they are the better. its really up to you. Took my daughter when she turned one. Was painfull to watch but it just took a few mins before she stop crying.
    nickkiie23

Answer by nickkiie23 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• apparently we get thumbs down bc we waited lol ok
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i did it at a year. it was always my plan. it was just something for us to do together. i was going to go get them pierced and then get her one year old pictures. she did great. she cried on the second on and flintched on the first one. but then she got her firt lollipop and forgot about the whole thing. then i lost the earring and she has none now. so who knows if htey are closed. all my family have gotten it as infants. i always got infections my whole life with earrings so i was really afraid and i hestitaed to do it but i was glad i did it when i did. she never played with the earrings. my goddaughter got it done when she was 6months old .i was there. again cried for a little bit but it was forgotten. she is 18yrs old now.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011