Wow...today is just not the day

Anybody know how to deal with a mother (mine) that is bawling about my daughter and the court date like it's her damn baby?

And to make the day worse the am said she might moving back to Tenn...where does that leave me?

Dreamer81484

Asked by Dreamer81484 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Adoption

• what??
    Anonymous

• Your daughter is adopting a child? Her grandmother is proud of her?

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ohhh u put your baby up for adoption. And who is moving back to tenn ur mom?? Ok well i dont say this to be mean. Yes you did give birth to the child. but and adoption doesnt just effect YOU. Your mother cares. how can you not c that. comfort your mother. Stop being so ignorant and selfish
    Anonymous

• Simplicity the baby is 9 months and she gave her up for aboption. Im guessing the grandmother doesnt like the whole idea.
    Anonymous

• Are your papers final? Can your mom help with the support you need to raise you're child? I'm sorry I can't remember all the details of your adoption journey. I wish I had some words of comfort or advice, unfortunately adoption impacts everyone even our immediate families. My mother bares the burden of heavy guilt for not supporting me and pushing the adoption, my husband's mother hates me and makes it known to everyone including my current children. It sucks dealing with the two extremes, I walked away from both of them.
    As for the amom moving back to Tenn, the fear must be overwhelming. Where does that leave you? Have you asked her how your relationship will continue? Have you set expectations? (even though she doesn't have to follow through it might help). I'm sorry its been a rough day for you, I wish had answers and comfort. :( ((HUGS)))
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• First off it may not be her baby but it is HER GRANDCHILD! Talk to the AM and see if she is willing to stay in contact with your mom as well as you. I have one grandson that was living with us & we were in the middle of adoption when the courts turned around & gave bdad his rights back. We were told we'd never see him again. It felt as if our heart was being ripped out. Luckily he has changed his mind and we are now able to see our grandson occasionally and send Christmas gifts, phone calls,etc. It is such a relief that we are able to keep in contact with him no matter how small it is. I'm sure your mom feels the same. She has every reason to be upset.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sorry, the post is unclear. Could you please restate what is going on.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I read more of the posters story.I thought this place was for us all to support eachother. Where is your heart and compassion? She is a birthmom having a bad day and her mom is too. To the poster, you two need to hold on to eachother and not compare your pain. OP if you haven't already gotten into counceling, I think it is time, dont you?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Im lost on this one...but I think you saying yo mom is taking care of yo child...nd you mad cause of what???
    I would rather fo my kid to be wit my mom then anybdy else...ijs
    Yogi31

Answer by Yogi31 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ok...i was on my way to work when i posted...i was freaking bc i read on facebook that my daughters adoptive mom thought about moving bk to tenn n it felt like my hrt was being ripped outta my chest...i talked to her n she said it was an ideal but she doenst want to leave her paretns again...thank god...

n i was complaining bc my mom had thrown the adoption in my face again

as to the openess, she said just call n i kno im lucky, it just scared me

as to the you kno whats that r talking bs, u need to start thinking b4 y write n thats all i will say on here

as to the others that were comforting, tyvm...i was just having a hard day n i didnt know what to do...so i posted...so ty to those who CARED
    Dreamer81484

Comment by Dreamer81484 (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Jun. 13, 2011