I'm ready to loose my mind!

What do you do with kids who complain they are bored out of their mine CONSTENTLY!

i have no money, we're broke,  we're waiting on the tv to be repaired, only 1 computer for 5 kids. (no, they're not using mine, no $ to replace it...AGAIN)

Nothing holds their attention for long, they want me to entertain them 24/7, my suggestion are no good.

What do I do with a house hold of bored noisy kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Give them work. The floors need scrubbing. The cupboards need to be cleaned. The refrigerator needs cleaning. The fireplace needs to be cleaned to be ready for next winter. The car needs doing. The yard needs to be weeded. On and On.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We just had a scavenger hunt! I made a bunch of clues and hid them. I put a piece of candy at the end. IDK how old your kids are, but mine were so excited about it when I told them that then they made a scavenger hunt for me. It was cute! The actual scavenger hunt only took about 10 min but it took them forever to make one for me.

Also, what about having them bake cookies or cupcakes if you have any mixes in the closet.

Do they like to read? Can you take them to the library to waste some time?

Do you have a local park you can go to?

We like to hang out at Barnes and Noble when we are bored.

MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• They need to learn to cook and bake. Cookies. Macaroni and cheese. tossed salad. They have so much to learn.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Have them readng during the summer.. Go to the libray and make it fun. They have to get a book. Not negotiable. And check out the bulletin board there for ideas/activities.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 3:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Can they play outside? Play house/fort/boat. Take them to the park for an hour or two. Make a picnic and eat it in the yard or at the park. Take a walk or a hike. Take them to the library for story hour. Depending on their ages, you could have them doing all sorts of chores, as others have mentioned. How about family games? Twister? Card Games? Teach them something new. Do they all know your address and phone number? Do they all know how to read and write? Get out of the house and be imaginative. Not all entertainment requires an electronic device.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 6:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Only recently have I figured out how to keep my kids attention. Help them build tents out of sheets and the furniture, let them help make goodies (i.e. cookies, brownies, etc.) Use empty soda cans/ water bottles and aluminum foil balls and have bowling competitions. Let the kids dress up in your clothes and put on plays. Let the kids act out their favorite movies. My kids love this when I do it with them. Make a game/ scavenger hunt out of cleaning, this way you get some help, unknowingly to them. :) And give your kids a few minutes. I just figured that out, and it has relieved a lot of stress around here. Good luck, mama!!!
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 11:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2011