2 year old will go #1 in the potty all day, but will NOT go #2...advice?

My daughter has been doing great going pee in the potty. We keep her in panties all day, and put diapers on her for nap time/ bed time. And that is when she will go #2. She will wait all day until she has a diaper on. Any idea why? How long can I expect this to go on?

cdecker83

Asked by cdecker83 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just give her a little more time. My 3 y/o peed in the potty for 10 months before she got comfortable pooping in the potty.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 3:47 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• same story here mama!! i swear i could've written this myself. my oldest, now 4 1/2 was doing both during the potty training process but my middle who is 2 1/2 is only peeing. she's had great success to the point she's in panties all day with no accidents. but she will poop in her diaper at bedtime or poop in her panties occasionally. not sure how long it will last since this is the first time i've experienced, but hopefully with lots of practice and patience they will get it soon :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This isn't uncommon. Sometime kids are attached to their poop and just won't go on the potty. Other times, it's the splash that's the problem. Give it time. You're lucky to have a 2-year-old who is day-trained for #1.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Ohhh....I just went throught this with my daughter. She started using the potty at about 18 months....she peed and pooped on it the first few times and then refused to poop on it. Long story short, she would pee on the toilet and ask me for a diaper or pull up to go poop. I would just say give your little one time. My daughter didn't start pooping on the potty till a few weeks after she turnes 3.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• my 3 year old boy is same does #1 in potty & out side but not #2 help me some-one
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011