Toddler Gas

My daughter is 19 months and has really bad gas. She's been getting up every night for the past two weeks. Usually, i could give her the infant drops but that hasn't helped lately. I've cut back on the milk because i know that gives her gas . . . i havn't given her anything to eat that causes problems either. What have you tried thats helped stop gas?

kinzleysmommy

Asked by kinzleysmommy at 1:46 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you ever heard of Gripewater? You can buy it at babies r us. it says its for hiccups and colic babies, but it works for gas too. I think its made by "lil tummies" My daughter has been the same way, but this stuff has helped alot!
    misswhite

Answer by misswhite at 2:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• pssht. tea! lipton tea.

i used it when he was like 2 weeks old and i keep using because it helps.

boil water.. put the bag of tea in it. add a lil sugar so she'll drink it. and
    then the bubbles go away!! trust me!! :D

i love it!!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• tea keeps me up at night. i think i'd have a whole nother problem if i gave her tea but it's always worth a try. I've heard of trying little tummies too . . . i'll have to try that.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:23 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I loooooved gripe water when I switched my BF dd to a bottle! I havent used it since she was very little. (she is 13 months now) but I loved it. A little pricey but you can get it at ANY pharmacy! and they have some other brands but I like The blue bottle of Gripe Water. Good Luck! O and as far as milk... as your ped but could you maybe switch to soy???
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008