What works good for scars?

Ok when I was a senior in highschool I was petting a horse and it turned around and bit me on the neck. I know it sounds strange but its true. The horse took a chunck out of the left side of my neck. Well since its happened I have a scar and alot of people ask me if its a hicky and when i tell them its like they think I made it up. I've tried mederma and its not worked. Do you know anything else that works to light and fade scars?

Vivian0331

Asked by Vivian0331 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Health

• If the skin on and around the scar is dark try porcelana skin lightening cream. Not all scars take to Mederma. You could try Scar Zone as well. Also if you don't want to use a skin lightening cream rub lemon juice on it to lighten it. Oh and don't worry about what other people think or believe. You don't need to justify your answer about your scar to anyone. :)
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 8:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Scarguard is a liquid that you paint onto it an leave on every night. There are also scar treatment sheets, made of silicone, that you can use to treat scars.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Aloe gel. Make sure it is pretty much 100% aloe or use the liguid from and aloe plant. Break off a piece, open it, and put the juice ont he scar.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• good question My dd just split her fore head open so I am looking into the maderma for kids.. I hope you find what you need good luck!!
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 4:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Mederma, and Lots of Vitamin E.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Vitamin E oil works to lighten up scars.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 6:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• a mexican cream called "concha nacar" I had a nasty burn scar from a iron and my aunt gave me some.. it took it away. I think she bought it at a mexican market
    wifeNmom76

Answer by wifeNmom76 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011