I need help with my Pupil Distance. Eye doc wants to charge me $25 just to measure there nuts.

I need new glasses and lenses. I found them super cheap through the aafes exchange $200 even. Instead of paying $220.50 at the eye docs office. i didnt even know about these pupil distance thing. and they want to charge me for it too? She never said anything in person when i went to look at the glasses. I have a ruler but i cant figure it out. it says 8mm from one pupil to another. that makes no sense. its a Inches and MM ruler my DD got at school. Im not paying someone to measure them. thats ridiculous. and the website i want to order them said I NEED the pupil distance info or i can be straigning my eyes when i see. so, how do i measure them then? What kind of Ruler do i need?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Do you have an old pair of glasses that fit? The frames should have the size information written onto the sidepiece. You can find a guide online to find which measurement is the pupil distance.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yea but i need dh to do it. hes taking a nap
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• What PP said. If you can't find an old pair, use a ruler and have two different people measure carefully, then take the average. You want them to measure from the middle of one pupil to the middle of the other one. Most rulers have mm, maybe you could pick up a cheap one a the $ store or something.

Have you checked Zennioptical.com? You can get a pair MUCH cheaper than $200.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No havent, i want a juicy couture eye glasses, its small framed and cute. there 89 bucks on afeyewear.com and the lenses are like 50 i cant remember. its a total of $200 oh and $5 shipping. and a coupon code of $15 off anything over $150
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• oh and im using my military star card thats why. not paying cash.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011