Congratulations! to the moms whose toddlers have successfully potty trained. But are you one of the moms who would put a diaper on your kid when heading outdoors as a precaution? :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when i was first potty training my oldest she was 2.5 years and yes i was one of them moms who would put a pull up on her when we went out haha we did it for a couple weeks and then one day i decided to try her in just her panties and brought extra clothes just in case but she did great!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I did that for a little while, and I think now, it was a mistake. It just made the potty training last longer.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• at first, yes. once they figured out how to let me know they had to go and we had managed it for a few days.. we tired no diaper and if she kept it up we were then diaper free!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 3:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No. However, when my son stays with his grandmother she put a diaper on him when they went out and when he went to sleep. It really bugged me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No. Once they train you can never go back. I waited until they were 3. They were more than ready and learned in a few days. There was no need for that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• probably for long trips i probably would because i do not want to stop on a 3hr ride and i am so not wanting her to go on a rest stop restroom. ugh no. but to a local store i probably wouldn;t put diapers on. but the hard one to train will be the grandparents.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't. My DCP does, and I am not happy about it. If she is trained when she is with me, then they can put forth the effort to train her at daycare.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 3:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• no, i haven't been putting a diaper/pullup on her and she's been trained for a couple of weeks now. i do still put one on at bedtime though, but not naptime, and so far no accidents at naptime but her diaper is wet in the morning. she's only had one accident being out in public and it was at the park, she pooped lol but she hasn't mastered pooping in her potty yet.. only peeing so it was understandable. i do continue to put "little swimmers" on her at the pool regardless, and will continue to do so until she learns how to poop in her potty.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Potty training now... and when I stopped with the diapers for outings, we are diaper free... never had an accident. Just make sure they sit before you go somewhere. There are very few places that dont have bathrooms. Once they feel like they can hold it, you are good to go.
    SecondChances85

Answer by SecondChances85 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I will say that I consider myself very lucky with this one, though. My son was not trained until he was close to 4.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 4:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011