I cant lose weight!!

I have always been a size 7 and under. Even when i was pregnant I wore a size 7 ans went to a 5 after my son was born. Now i am a size 11!! I don't even eat much. I don't exercise but I don't sit on my butt all day long either. I don't have time to exercise. I have the mirena and I was wondering if it is makin me gain weight....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• How much are you eating? I know you say not much, but maybe you're not eating enough. You ought to he eating small amounts throughout the day to keep your metabolism up. Getting some exercise will help, too. The lifestyle change of becoming a mom can affect your weight. Most women I see don't gain weight with Mirena, but a few do. It wouldn't make you gain that much though. It would only be about 5-10 lbs.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:05 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• im on mirena too but that doesnt affect my weight at all. Depending on how old you are, you should maybe watch your salt intake. Here i am at 30 and for some reason every little thing makes a difference, in my 20's it didnt matter, the littlest exercise i got, helped. At 30 you got to watch yourself just a little bit more then you were in your younger years.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm only 21 and I usually eat twice a day like breakfst and supper, just a smal meal and maybe snack 2 times a day like an orange or a pack of peanut butter crackers.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You aren't eating properly. Eat 5 small meals a day, I started using a salad plate instead of a dinner plate for my 'meals". It helped me make proper portions.
    Your diet need re-vamped so you're eating foods that help kick your metabolism in. Not eating much and not exercising just doesn't make anything budge!
    Google around and read up about diet and weight loss etc.....you'll learn how it should work. I couldn't explain it all in this reply. I'm sorry.
    you'll find something to work for you. when you do....just stick with it. Good Luck.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 8:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• From what you describe, it sounds like your body is in starvation mode, where it will hold on to every calorie that comes in. You've managed to slow your metabolism way down. Try adding a lunch to your day, and try to eat throughout the day, as opposed to just a couple of bigger meals. Your calorie intake should never go below 1200 a day. Make sure you're picking the right foods, too- plenty of quick and easy foods are very healthy. You can do this!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This dietitian agrees with pps. Too low of calorie intake will slow down your ability to lose weight. Start walking with your kids for exercise and good family time, shoot for 5 days a week. Start eating at least 3 times a day (5-6 is also okay if all smaller meals). Most women plataue if they are eating less than 1000-1200 kcals/day. Many people say they don't have time for exercise, but if you consider all the time you spend at home (which could just be 12 hours for some), you are not sleeping the whole time, and if you have little ones, it's a perfect excuse to move your body more and do something good for yourself and your family.
    klickitykat

Answer by klickitykat at 11:15 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I am on a 1600 calorie diet(which I never eat in a day) and what has helped me is write down everything--for example this morning I had 1 cup malt-o-meal; 1 slice wheat bread with margarine and 1 cup Orange Juice and then I have a book that breaks it down according to how many calories; how many carbohydrates and etc; so that might help you also it is sometimes easier when you have things written down to know how much you are consuming in a day; but you may also want to consult with a dietician or your doctor before starting anything
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:24 PM on Jun. 13, 2011