Did you ever wake up one day and wonder how you let yourself go so much?

I mean I gained 42lbs with my son. After almost 6 yrs I gained back all of the pregnancy weight I lost. I weigh what I did when my son was born and I'm not even pregnant! I vow to never ever get on the Depo again. I spent 3 yrs in school and never had time for myself. I see everything that happened that got me here. I just REALLY have to do something about it NOW! I walked a mile this morning. It's a start. Size 11 before baby....Size tight 16 now : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• gurl im in the same boaat i was a size 4/5 b4 i had my lil boyz then after i had them i was a size 9/10 now after 5 yrs having my babies im a size 11/12 i really wanna loose weight but cant stay away 4rm sweets and coats
    mz_cuellar254

Answer by mz_cuellar254 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I feel ya. Depo is the enemy of the waistline! I gained 45 lbs on it in 9 months. Awful. I worked very hard to lose that, then 3 years later, I gained 60 lbs. That's where I was when I got pregnant, and I gained another 30 lbs after he was born. I finally had a reality check when I went on a much anticipated ski trip with my brother and could barely get through each run. After 3 I had to stop or I was going to throw up. I had a blood pressure check around the same time, and it was 138/88, and I was just 29!! I started making changes, and I've lost over 60 lbs since then. It's been a slow process, but it's working! I'm eating clean and running, and this is something I feel I can keep up with for the rest of my life. You can do this!! You deserve to be fit and healthy, but you have to be willing to make the permanent changes and do the work. It's worth it, and so are YOU!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:12 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No, as soon as my clothes start getting snug I recheck my diet/exercise level to see what's different or what needs to be changed. I cut out all sweets and add in extra workouts for the next few weeks to get back on track. I have never let myself go and I don't see that happening. I work hard at staying fit and it makes me feel good (and it doesn't hurt that my dh loves my body and lets me know!)

Answer by missanc at 4:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yup. I hear ya! I am 20 pounds heavier then before I had kids. And, it doesn't help that I am starting to get crows feet and varicose veins.

The last five years has not done me justice! That is for sure!

I am exercising, eating well, taking vitamins, and using face cream . . . . but, lo and behold . . . time keeps ticking and every year I am one year closer to one more saggy wrinkle! LOL!

As I age, I become more comfortable with the idea of plastic surgery. This from an aging hippie-granola.

:)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not sold on the depo shot making people gain weight. Changing your food cravings sure- but you choose what you put in your mouth and you choose whether or not to exercise. I've lost 66 pounds in the last 20 weeks and most of that was on the depo shot.

Okay that being said- no I never did wake up and wonder what had happened to me. Gained 100 freaking pounds and most of it in a 2 year period. But my denial was so bad that I never knew I was that overweight.

I recently saw my before photos and I seriously cried. Holy cow I was one heavy person! But I didn't really believe it. All the photos were at "bad angles" all the scales were "off." Yeah it was bad.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Everyday. I am a SAHM of 3 kids 4 and under. I am always making some meal. I am stuck at home. I have no friends or no life. I was a 10 after my first. Now I am a 14/16. :( most 14s are too small.
    surfgrl60

Answer by surfgrl60 at 5:20 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yeah off and on thru the years
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011