Tired of superficial friends!

It bothers me when people claim to be your friend, yet they don't make an effort to stay in touch on regular basis. Yet when it's time for them to collect money for a charity or something you're always on their e-mail list!

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 4:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• lmao good one mrsary.
    i know people like that and what mrsary said sums it up i was the friend with benefits, only calls when they need something only come over when they need to pick up something they wanted. it was always me making plans and reaching out, i felt like i was being annoying and as if i was hounding them so i stopped asking and hoped they would start asking but they didnt. i found out wht kind of friends they really were when i was doing some spring cleaning and downsizing so we have less to move, and more room for the items we want, and when i said i wanted the whole house done in 3 days and i would be taking trips to good will as soon as the car got full those "friends" got mad at me when they asked if i was gettin rid of certain items and i said yes but no you cant have them. i dont have time to wait for you to pick them up.
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Yes, the one way street friendships (and family!) gets very old, very quick
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• friends with benefits. lol.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Or to attend some home party theyre having to make some money. Know what you mean.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• So annoying!!!
    styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 4:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Or if they need a favor, to take them somewhere, to babysit etc.!!!
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Those people aren't friends, they're "friendly acquaintances."
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am with you on that. I am so tired of the fake friends. . I have gotten to where I don'
    t even ask her to do anything anymore bc she always has an excuse as to why not
    iramom

Answer by iramom at 8:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• if this person is someone you really want to get closer to.....have you suggested get together? play dates? Having a drink at the bar? because if you have not then you should not complain. if they never have time for you, mention it the next time you get a fundraising email.

Wellygrrl

Answer by Wellygrrl at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I do suggest get togethers. In fact, I'm usually the one arranging play dates, movie dates, get togethers at our hosue. But with some people I just get the feeling that they just want to have an extra contact on their e-mail list for when they need something.
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011