Why do you post as an anon??

Why do some people post anonymous.
Even if the post or reply isn't even bad or tmi or anything

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 4:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Because they don't want people to be able to Google and see their responses. Google this now, and see!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:23 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I post EVERY thing here anon. Even simple, silly, benign things. I have had too many issues in the "answer" section to do anything other than anon.

Anonymous

• Who knows. People say they don't want the drama associated with saying who they are, but really, who cares what you are making for dinner or what your favorite color is? Personally, I would prefer to see the whole anon feature disappear.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Because they can
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• for privacy reasons lol I dont know But I kind of agree with a previous poster.. the anon button needs to go
    Dork4Fish

Answer by Dork4Fish at 4:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• There is an Anon on today who has been attacking people left and right. Her answers have nothing to do with the questions and are just over the top.

Sorry for the vent...People use Anon for that reason and sometimes the question is so sensitive that it would be embarrassing to answer as myself. I want the answer to be the issue and not who I am. ya know?
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 4:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Maybe they have relatives on CM they don't want to know they are on??? Who knows
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ROTFLMBO.... I gave a very honest answer to why I posted anon and I got a vote down -SEE WHAT I MEAN???!!!???!!!
    Anonymous

• Maybe they have real life friends that are on CM too and they don't want them to know what they are up to
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sorry poster, but this question has come up so many times I'm starting to loose track of how many.

The option is available, it's a users right to use the feature.
    as to why would you post or answer anonymous, my answer would be because someone wants to remain anonymous. IE they don't want to use their screen name.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011