Reading...

So I am 19 weeks pregnant and a very avid reader, but I noticed I am not reading the most uplifting books right now...I don't know how I come across these books (like murder mysteries where the victims are all pregnant women being stalked and tortured and their babies taken talk about nightmares) I want to lighten things up a bit read something funny and heartwarming maybe. Or just something really good that will keep my attention. I like pretty much all kinds of books...non-fiction can really try on my nerves though.

Any Ideas ladies? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Entertainment

• If you're into mysteries, Janet Evanovich ones are big on the humor, real small on the violence.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yes ,i do i get a uplift reading religious books,one is my favorite.ITS NOT ABOUT ME) BYE Max Lucado makes you think about life and people in it.
    jbaby7162000

Answer by jbaby7162000 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I just read Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz (fiction, mystery). It was a fun read!

Some other fun books I've read recently:

Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg (author of Fried Green Tomatoes)(fiction, coming of age I guess)

Heist Society by Ally Carter (YA fiction, actually, suspense)

The Princes Bride by William Goldman (fiction, adventure; whether you've seen the movie and loved it or not seen the movie it is great)(I refuse to entertain the notion there is someone that has seen the movie and not loved it :-) )
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i hear sue grafton is a good author. never read her books though so i dont' know if they are uplifting
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• The Mary Poppins series, Laurell K Hamilton Anita Blake series, Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series (way better than the True Blood show that they based off the original books)
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 1:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011