How old did you start potty training?

My DS is 15 months old, and refuses to lay down to be changed. He has to be standing up. Is this a sign that he is ready to start potty training? This is my first and I was thinking about getting him a potty chair for Christmas, but my parents thins that I should wait until he is 3 to start potty training and I think that is way to late. Do you think is is ready now?

JaidensMom2007

Asked by JaidensMom2007 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmm he might be. get him use to the potty first. like with our son what we did was everytime one of us had to go we'd take him in their with us. and after awhile he was like understood okay so if i have to go potty i go in their. one day he took his diaper off and sat on the potty all by himself ... and ever since he's been potty trained! :D
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• NEVER TO EARLY TO START GIVE HIM THE IDEA HE MIGHT LIKE IT!! MINE WERE ALL DONE AND POTTY TRAINED BY 2
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i really think 3 is way too late ;)

you can start potty traing at 10months. because thats when they are able to sit up by themself for longer than 5minutes... when i was a baby, i was out of diapers when i was 1 year old ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• yes start potty training now. or at least get a potty so he can be comfortable with it when its time
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 11, 2008