Home business and the BBB.....

I am tired of living from paycheck to paycheck. I have decided to take a chance and start a home business. My question is, do I need to determine my choice on if they are with the BBB or not? Is that very important to look for? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• Not really. I mean it is nice that they are because it makes them look highly accredited. I am with Dove Chocolate Discoveries. If you would like information on that let me know. I would be glad to help. Good luck on whatever you choose and make sure it is right for YOU! and you are not feeling pressured in any way.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I would recommend a company that is registered with the DSA (Direct Sellers Association). Each company that is with the DSA has proven that they have high standards, ethics, etc. This is not to say that those who are not with them do not have those qualities. It is just safer in my opinion if you go with a DSA backed company.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Definitely look at both DSA and BBB. I would look at the businesses that get awards from the DSA. That is one of the reasons I went with Scentsy
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 7:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thanks!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I was feeling exactly how you felt just a few months ago. I stopped living paycheck to paycheck once I started working for a network marketing company called Global Gas Card. I am a single mother of two, who is also a stay at home mom because of the money I make on a daily basis with my company.

Go check out the website and watch the video on my page. www.gkg.globalgascard.com If you're interested, you can contact me through the website. If you want to sign up immediately, you can do that too. Any questions at all, please contact at globalgascard2011@yahoo.com or my cell at 646-554-0067

Good Luck!
    Kyomi

Answer by Kyomi at 8:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The most important thing is it something you like. I would love to share with you about my business. We are the highest paid consultants in the DSA!!! We make 50% on everything we sell. We have been in business for over 47 years. Contact me for more information. I will look forward to hearing from you!!
    Believing in YOU!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I would say yes to BBB and the DSA....AND selling something you love!!! It needs to be a consideration of all of these. Contact different ones, talk to different sponsors and see if you have a connection. I have been a customer of DS for over 25 years and a consultant for just under 4 and found the perfect fit for me!! Good luck in your journey!!! If you would like any help, just let me know.

Cara Hayden
    www.tastefullysimple.com/web/chayden1
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 6:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I personally feel that working for yourself is the best way to go. I think it's very important to check with the BBB and other accredited sites. You also want to make sure it's risk free so you have nothing to lose. if you try something and it's not for you, you can get your money back. If you're looking to work from home but aren't quite sure where to start I encourage you to visit: www.CEOTrainingVideo.com
    Our Team has come up a free video series on success factors when working from home.

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I stay clear of the BBB. The BBB is NOT a government run or regulated "program" and they give higher ratings to companies who pay for a membership. IF you decide to check with them, ignore the grade and just read the complaints, then consider the number of complaints with the size of the company. If it's a new company with just a few hundred reps and it has 500 complaints, I would say stay away. But large companies will ALWAYS have complaints - look at Sears or something... Then look at the number of complaints that were closed because the company took care of the customer or rep - that matters A LOT! If a company has 50K complaints but personally care for every one of them, I would have more faith in them than I would a company with 300 complaints who simply won't respond...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• I agree, BBB gives higher ratings for those who pay for membership. If you are looking for a Direct selling company, go with a DSA accredited company and even better those that have won awards with the DSA. I would love to help you start a business that gives you the potential to earn a FT income and beyond. Stick with something that is in line with timings and trends as well as one that is in an industry that is projected to continue to grow. I love knowing that the industry I am in is projected to be a trillion dollar industry. Let me know if I can help you.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:15 AM on Jun. 14, 2011