CAn my baby be older or younger then what the doc says?

Am 37 weeks prego now if i deliver now could my baby be older or younger than 37 weeks cuz i dont have regular peroids an dont really now when i got prego . they r just going by the size of the baby. So could i just have a realy big baby at this age or a really small one idk.

BOOKER123ABC

Asked by BOOKER123ABC at 4:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah, I have super irregular periods, and they went by my period, but I went by when I ovulated (I was charting and such), and I said we were 10 days ahead of when the doc said. DS was born 4 days "early", but all the nurses said he looked overdue by the lack of vernix and the length of his fingernails. Told ya so! :-)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• lol thanks ya like i had a period in april an none in may an they said i concived in april but then they looked at the baby an said i concived in june so i dont know how acerity this is.
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• With my first son I knew when my period was, so I knew exactly how old he was in utero. He came out 4 days late at 9lbs 1oz...not super huge, but bigger than average.
    With my second son, I didn't know exactly when my period was, but I had a guess around a particular date. The ultrasound tech tried to convince me that I was wrong because my baby was measuring 2 weeks older than what I thought. I tried telling her that I am the shortest of all my cousins and I am 5'9"! My son was a big baby and this one was just big. Still she and the doctor would not believe me and kept trying to pressure me to induce at what they believed was 41 weeks. I waited until what they thought was 42 weeks, but I knew was 40. When he came out the nurse(who had no idea about the fued between the ultrasound and me) did the gestation test and said he was 40 weeks and 1 day. So *I* was right! The US tech was going by average size, but I knew...
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• ...my own body and my family's genes. So, long story short: YES, the US tech is guessing the age, but without a LMP date, no one but G-D knows the exact age of the fetus.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

Forgive me but, your saying you conceived in June 2010? Your 37 weeks now? I am confused... Either way, no one really knows when you conceived unless you were charting, do not allow induction unless it is a real medical emergency.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• THIS BABY IS A BIG BABY SHE HAS BEEN DROPED DOWN SENCE SHE WAS 6MONTH AN KNOW THAT AM 37 WEEKS OR SPOSSE TO BE AM 70 PERSENT EFFACED AN DONT WANT THE BABY TO BE OVER THE DUE DATE BUT DONT WANT HER TO COME EARLY WHAT SHOULD I DO.
    BOOKER123ABC

Comment by BOOKER123ABC (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• what the hell are you talking about. It's june now. If you conceived last april, may, or june, your baby would have been here already. If you're supposed to be 37 weeks, you would have conceived in september sometime.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 5:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• As a rule it's a gestimate at best. I have PCOS so period reguarity is a joke. With my youngest I have no idea when I got pregnant. They did an early U/s and by growth they guessed. The only reason I knew exactly when my oldest was concieved was because my husband had been out to sea for 6 months. He came home and we had the weekend. Monday morning he was deployed on an emergency replacement and gone for 2 more months..LOL. I know it was Friday, Sat or Sun :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

__________________________________________________________________________

Babies know when they're supposed to come out. They won't stay in there forever. When your body is ready and the baby is ready, it will come out. Induction is very rarely truly necessary.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 10, 2011