Birth announcements

How and when did you go about doing your birth announcment? Did you send out letters to people? I have an enormous family, but only a select few will be called when I go into labor. Most are out of state etc. How do I go about informing all of these people of the baby without making anyone feel like "the last to get the news", etc.

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 5:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I made birth announcements online with her pic and sent them out
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Can you make a calling tree. Have hubby call say five people then each of those people call a few people & so on & so on to make sure word gets out & you dont have to make so many calls.

We had a much different experience though my daughter was born Dec 17 & we did the chain thing but for christmas we did visits for everyone to see her & to celebrate the holiday. However, on christmas day we had to rush her to the ER & we had to stay in the hosp for 14 days so lol no matter what everyone heard in our family one way or another that we had the baby & that she was sick! Insanity!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011