Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

How would you handle this?

If you knew one of your neighbors were dealing drugs would you turn them in? This mom, maybe 30 yrs old, who lives a ways up the street from me walks past my house at least 30-50 times a day. She makes obvious deals either right in front of my house (since I'm on the corner I guess) or in this little lot right across the street. I personally have always preferred to mind my own business but it really bothers me where she's doing this and that she's bringing it and this type of people to my house instead of her own. Dh thinks she does it here because she has kids, but hey I do too and this has always been a nice neighborhood. There's no doubt about what she's doing, she's not even trying to be discreet. What would you do? If you would turn her in, how would you go about doing it?


Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (14)
  • Call the police and ask for them to watch your neighborhood, what if one of the people she deals to is a rapist, robber, or child molestor and they see your kids, or you and decide they will come back and do something? It would be much safer for her to "do" her deals in her own home, so there must be a reason why she does not want them in her house,, I mean you probably would have not payed much attention to the coming and goings at her own house, but as sad as the situation is you should call.

    Answer by kimigogo at 6:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • I'm sure there are all kinds of children in that neighborhood. I would turn her in a heartbeat.

    Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • Um.... yeah. I would. I have never had to deal with this so I have no idea how to go about doing it, but yes, you should definitely turn her in. That is scary.

    Answer by lauralivivy at 5:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • turn her dont need to deal with that crap

    Answer by april666 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • If there are kids in the neighborhood, and you have kids, turn her in. If she's DUMB enough to deal out in public and not care what others think, then I'd report her. I'd tell the Police about it and ask them to come and maybe watch for her in an unmarked car or something. Let them know your doing your good deed as a neighbor but don't really want to get too much involved if they can do the deed themselves. Or like someone else said take pictures, but Police work is a lot better, how can you prove what she is really passing in a picture in a Court of Law.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • if you have a camera phone or camcorder take a video of her doin it throughout the day. You can do it discreetly if you happen to have a window facing where shes doing this. Take the video to the police station and they should watch her discreetly and bust her for you.

    Answer by My_3_Babies at 5:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • Yeah turn her in. How are you going to feel if she starts dealing to your kids or their friends? This isn't an unkempt home or dirty kids, this is drugs. Turn her in, and hopefully she can get some help.

    Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • PS--she is most likely the dealer, not the buyer, and perhaps she has a meth lab in her home? It could blow up the whole neighborhood!

    Answer by kimigogo at 6:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • I wouldn't turn her in, but that is just me. I would ask her to remove her business from in front of my house or I would have to report her simply for the safety of my children.

    Answer by Allylicious at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

  • I would def do something about it.You have to worry about your family what if something goes wrong with a deal? or how about its your home and your family should be safe and not have to worry about a "drug dealer"

    Answer by mammaangelof4 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

Next question in Relationships
What do u think? adult content

Next question overall (Health)