For Mom's who receive child support, question!

If the father has 3 paychecks in one month, as happens twice a year, do you get three child support payments for that month? Or is child support not taken out of one of the checks? (In my case he owes past due support for TANF while pregnant so it's taken out and given back to the state, but when that debt is paid off i'm wondering if they just won't take it out of one check or give me three payments)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends on if it is set up as so much per month or so much per pay.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• When I received it, I got it on those 3 paycheck ones, but they would catch it at the end of the year and come Christmas, they didn't send it along.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If he is paying monthly CS than you will get 12 payments if he is paying it bi-weekly (twice a month) then you will get 24 CS payments. Why does he owe welfare for when you were pregnant? He is dumb for not fighting that.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 6:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• how can he fight it?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• @matthewscandi

I was on state assistance for a year after my ex left me and state is making him pay for that along with the child support. My mother was on state for six months after my older brother was born (his bio dad left my mom while she was pregnant) and eventually state tracked him down and made him pay them back for what they gave my mom. It's not uncommon for an ex to pay back the state for assistance given to the child and/or mother while she was pregnant.
    Anonymous