Question for those who have miscarried...

Did you see and hear the baby's heartbeat via ultrasound before? What happened? Thanks for input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had sewn the babies heart beat veggie I miscarried at 5 months. We do not know why, just some guesses.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks...I never got to see the baby's heartbeat. The Dr. said the the fetus was had stopped growing at 11 weeks by ultrasound measurement. They said that there are many reasons that a person has a miscarriage...that when you have a miscarriage it is because the fetus is missing something. :(
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No, I never got to hear or see the babies that I miscarried at 10 weeks! :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 6:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sadly this is a subject I happen to be an expert on, with my first, had a heart beat at 12 weeks, then at 16 week check up nothing, had to have a D&C, the second at 10 weeks not heartbeat, and sonogram showed the sac to be empty, 3rd one everything going along great until 28 weeks, slipped on the ice and had placental abrubption, immediate bed rest, and 2 good check ups, at 33 weeks, my fluid had been leaking and she had died, #4 10 weeks no heartbeat, nothing in sac again,, OKAY i give up right,, forward 5 years, on BC, decided having a baby wasn't for me,, no period, no period,, 10 weeks preggo, scared to death right?? Not one problem, no morning sickness at 2 weeks overdue,, my son,, so don't give up hope miracles do happen! HUGS!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Wow kimigogo so sorry! Thanks ladies for your input!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I never saw a h/b- at almost ten weeks I had an u/s and the baby had passed several weeks before, but my body did not figure it out. I might have seen a h/b earlier, or maybe not. There's just no way to know.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My first pregnancy I was 12 weeks along and saw the baby and the heartbeat was amazing. I was so sick and unable to hold anything down (which happened with all my other pregnancies too) so my Dr gave me phenergen to take. 2 days later I began spotting and went in for another ultrasound. This time my baby was not moving and had no heartbeat. I cannot prove I lost my baby due to the phenergen, but I also decided I'd never take that risk again.
    PTmomma3

Answer by PTmomma3 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had two confirmed miscarriages and no heartbeat. The first one was a 10 week sono and there was a fetus measuring 8 week size with no heart beat. Next was an empty sac...shown by sono after spotting.
    I am now in the 21st week of a healthy pregnancy! :)

There was never any diagnosis or even idea as to "why" but I believe I had low vitamin D, validated by the fact that I started taking 6000 IUs a day while TTC and have continued through this healthy pregnancy. My test came back with excellent and safe range, implying that I was LOW before. Most people are...it's something I tell EVERYONE now!

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Didn't see a heartbeat at 10 weeks and u/s showed a empty sac and the same year I got pregnant with my DD
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My first loss was at 10 weeks and by the time they did an ultrasound, the sac was empty. With my second at 8 weeks, they did the ultrasound and the baby looked perfect but had no heartbeat. I will never forget that image. No cause was ever determined for either loss, but I thought it was a hormone problem. I just felt different than I did with my first and second successful pregnancies. I just felt nothing, no difference in my body like before. I wasn't excited about being pregnant, I didn't think about it, nothing. Really odd. My doctor assured me I was just being paranoid.......guess not. My last baby I basically forced my doctor to check my hormone levels and sure enough my progesterone was dropping. I'm sure I would have lost him had I not checked it out. He was born healthy, happy and 12 days late! =)
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011