Photographer watermark question

If you're taking photos for people do you put your watermark on the finished copy that you give to the buyer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I add a watermark to all of my work.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• As a customer I don't like the name of the photographer or company on the front of the photo and ask them to leave it off. I'm paying a lot for it and I already know about their services so I don't need to see their logo as advertising on my baby's portrait hanging in my livingroom. I see why they want it there for copyright purposes but I'm willing to pay more to have them leave it off because I think it distracts from the photo. If they're not willing to leave it off, I hire someone else.
    Anonymous

• NO. You watermark the proofs so that they can't copy those. You do not watermark the final purchased photos - you can mark the backs, but not the picture.
    Anonymous

• What if they don't pay for it. What if they asked me to do it and never paid me. Im not sure what they thought, but apparently they thought I wanted to waste my time, money and gas on them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2011