Is anyone elses husband acting distant and withdrawn since the news of your pregnancy?

april666

Asked by april666 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• With my last pregnancy my husband thought it would be funny to tell me he was going to push me down the steps, i ended up having a miscarriage at 11 weeks. He was joking about pushing me...but still. But yes he was very distant.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Mine was extremely distant with my last pregnancy. Now I am not saying what happen to me is going to happen to you. But my husband told everyone that the baby was no way his that I got pregnant way to fast ( i got pregnant the first weekend he returned from boot camp) He rarely talked to me and would come near me and he cheated on me when I was 7 months pregnant and blamed it on me. Saying if i didnt get pregnant he wouldnt have done it. Why I am still with him... I dont know...
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• W our first he was. It was a surprise n I don't think he was ok w it til we had the baby. With this pregnancy, he started being distant at 30 wks. I asked him about it last nite n he said he's worried about our tight money situation n the new baby.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Very typical male reaction to a wife's wonderful news. It will take him time to process the new info, but he will come out with flying colors in a few days. Don't worry about it. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Yes, on and off. I have also heard that they get stressed and scared, and that's how they react.

Unfortunately, it's not a quick fix. Husbands often don't seem to really pick up and do what we want till the kids are like 2-5 (depending on the kids and husband) and they know what to do with them better- play, go to games, other things that most dads out there are more conditioned to be good at.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i think he means well its just that I'm a lil insecure now that im pregnant and not workin or drinkin or goin out. all of a sudden he's got a life beyond just me and it just makes me feel bad i guess
    april666

Comment by april666 (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011