Is shoulder pain linked to miscarriage?

wriggly

Asked by wriggly at 6:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No. What gave u that idea?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 6:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• not for me it wasent
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I wouldn't think so.. why do you think so?
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not unless your baby is growing in your shoulder...you should be okay. haha :) Just kidding on ya, hopefully I made you laugh. If your concerned and showing other symptoms then take a trip to google or call your doctor and talk about whats going on.
    I hope you feel better hun.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 6:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• No. Some books will tell you to watch for shoulder pain because in some cases shoulder pain can be related to ectopic pregnancy. In that case it would be referred pain from pressure in the fallopian tube that radiates into the shoulder. This would be really severe pain- not just 'sore shoulder' pain. HTH a bit!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:50 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had shoulder pain when i had my ectopic pregnancy, its ne of the signs your pregnancy is excopic, are you pregnant??? i would contact your doctor. are you having any vaginal bleeding. i didnt find out i was having an ectopic til i was 3 months a long and i was bleeding brown blood, and i was bleeding internally, i felt a ton of pressure and i was in alot of pain the last week (i went to the er and had emergency surgery)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 6:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I did not have shoulder pain, but then mine was an in-utero pregnancy where it was not developing as it should, and ended in loss.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's a sign of ectopic pregnancy. It's called referred pain.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011