How OCD are you about germs?

I'm not too bad,but I try to be well aware of not touching things that alot of people touch if i can help it. I don't like to shake hands because all that I can think about is,when did they wash them last!?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 7:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Just for Fun

• LOL! @ natural immunity from prev. poster! Yes I love to shake peoples hands after they use the toilet & fail to correctly wipe & not wash their hands or after they pick their nose! Gotta love fighting off the crap germs on door handles & stair railings & basically on everything we touch or sit on in public. For me, I prefer to keep my hands washed & avoid touching things in public. It's called an ounce of prevention.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yeah im OCD about it
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm not OCD at all about it. I subscribe to natural immunity which can only occur being exposed to germs. When I worked on an ambulance for 9 years, I was never sick (until I was stupid enough to go for a flu shot). People who are always sanitizing are not being exposed to germs which does not allow their bodies to fight off illnesses. Also, while killing the bad germs, you are also killing the good germs, which you need to survive.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I was completely OCD when my dd was born. She never got sick until she started preschool at 3 1/2. So, I did something right! But, then came ds, and all that went out the window. I try to clean hands often, use a buggy seat cover, etc. But, I just cannot be OCD anymore!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• very OCD. I clean down everything! When everyone gets in the car I have a bottle of sanitizer and everyone cleans their hand.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 7:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not too much. I understand that we all have to have some exposure to germs so we can have a healthy immune system. The only way for our bodies to build immunity is to actually be exposed to germs. Then, when we are around sick people, we don't get everything they have. So, I don't get all bajiggity if someone sneezes, coughs, dirt, doorknobs, light switches........a little keeps us healthier than none at all. The worse thing ever marketed is anti-bacterial soaps and such.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Very. I don't want my kids to get sick if I can help it, and I get especially avid about it when I hear about things like avian flu, or the swine flu epidemic- I can't help myself. I suppose it has to do with my anxiety issues.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I'm have normal hygiene habits but my daughter has OCD.  She is currently in a twelve week therapy group to attempt to hopefully de-sensitise her.

This condition is no joke!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Over the top
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 8:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• For the record, I don't over sanitize, next to never use hand sanitizer. i mostly just avoid things. I do carry sanitizer,but that's mostly for flu season

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011