I really need help..

My ex fiance walked out with no warning a week ago. He came into some money, took all the money I had and he left. I haven't seen him since. Our 20 month old cries daily for him. She was a daddys girl all the way. All day long she wants him. How do I help her? I hold her, comfort her but she's also acting out pretty bad. I can't stand seeing my baby hurt. The mere thought of her losing her daddy makes me cry. He proved to be a deadbeat. I did talk to him 3 days ago and he said he won't help me financially because we aren't together. I have a child support appointment already. I just need to know how to help my DD.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am so sorry. You are doing what is right by being there for her and helping her through it. Talk to her and tell her you are sad too. It will take time. You might mention it to your pediatrician for some added advice.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Call the police and have him picked up for stealing your money, what a cold hearted SOB,,,I have no idea what to tell you, only it will get better over time,, My DH father left when he was a year old and his sister was 6, but they did survive. HUGS!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:28 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I agree with kimigogo- call the police and have him arrested for theft! I'm so sorry for the both of you having to go through this- her for wanting her dad and not understanding why he's not there, and you for having to watch it. I can imagine how that must hurt. Keep your chin up, and no matter what, make sure you go after the child support for your DD. He may not 'want' to help you financially because you weren't 'together', but fortunately the courts won't care :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I AGREE WITH WHITEPEPPERS I am so sorry. You are doing what is right by being there for her and helping her through it. Talk to her and tell her you are sad too. It will take time. You might mention it to your pediatrician for some added advice....

MY DUAGHTERS BABYDADDY WALKED OUT ON HER TOO...SO WE JUST GIVE MY GRAND BABY ALOT OF LOVE SO IT WOULDNT BOTHER HER TO MUCH..DO SHE ASK ABOUT HIM? YES! BUT SHE KNOWS THAT SHE IS TRULY LOVED...WHEN SHE GETS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW WHY HE NOT THERE THEN WE WILL FIND A WAY TO TELL HER.
    MsDiva41

Answer by MsDiva41 at 11:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Try to keep your baby girl occupied with activities , just to keep her mind of the daddy

Answer by older at 7:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• She's very young and certainly understands sad and although you need to be understanding about her sadness, she also needs to see that you are strong and confident and can take care of her. Don't think she doesn't know what you're talking about and say anything in front of her. She may not always understand the words but she can feel the emotions. If she sees you crying tell her you were feeling sad but you're OK now. Kids need to feel safe with the person that is taking care of them. If she sees you crying or angry all of the time, that's not good for either of you. You're strong and more capable than you even know at this point! The more you practice it the more you see it and she will too. I wish you the best!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2011