The "booty cam" - good idea in a store's dressing room?

Anyone who has ever tried on a pair of jeans in a store dressing room knows the dance.

The "does-my-butt-look-good-in-this-mirror" dance, however, may be a thing of the past.
American Rag turned to technology and coined the next step in dressing room derriere detective work: the booty cam.

"People are being really excited about it. They've never seen it before anywhere. 'Oh my God what is this?'" said store employee James Hamonds.

So far, the store said their closed circuit TV screen and camera combination has been great. The waist-level camera has even prompted some customers to pile on the perfect-fitting jeans.

"They have to be like, 'Oh my God this jean looks amazing on my butt. They were like, 'I'm buying five pairs of jeans instead of just two pair,'" said Jennifer Althouse, the buyer at American Rag.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/money/28196935/detail.html#ixzz1Ov39m4HQ

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Shopping

• Kinda weird, but a good idea!
    Closed circuit means that no else can watch, right?
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I don't think I would like having a "booty cam" in my dressing room. I take that back, I would not like it at all!
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 7:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• who is too lazy to turn their head around to look in the mirror and see their nice looking ass? I dont like that Idea and there is probably a shoplifting reason behind it, there is no way to tell if it is closed circuit and you are the only one that sees it.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If it helps you when you by jeans I say bring it on because I hate buying jeans... They be my size, look good in the store and then don't fit right later
    Ricoandari

Answer by Ricoandari at 7:42 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• @tink...anyone who knows how hack into computers can hack in to it and see all this.....but ya I agree with leksismommy. CC means just the store has access to this cam no outside source can see it, unless they get hacked.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• yuck, then they got all our asses on record for life!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2011