HELP! ASAP! 2 yr old pooping problem adult content

DS just turned 2 and he crosses his legs super tight when he needs to poop and stops it from coming out. I am trying to get him potty trained and sometimes he will poop in the potty but most of the time he crosses his legs. I try to uncross them the minute I notice that they are crossed and then he starts crying. Last week he has a turd the size of a fist in his diaper what do I do?

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he seems constipated? Maybe it hurts him to poop. Maybe try talking to his doctor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• talk to dr. , for ways to help constipation
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My 5 year old does this too. In your case I think he's feeling too much pressure to be potty trained. It's too soon. Put him in diapers and let him poop.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Hmmm...might want to consult your kid doc and get some suggestions, or reading Everybody Poops to him and see his reaction and show him the photos...its all about being visual.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 7:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I brought it up at his 2 yr appointment and she said it was normal. Wth! That's why I switched his doctor he has a checkup scheduled next month with his new doctor.
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Cut back on the potty training. He could simply be a control issue with the potty. 2 is a bit young for a boy anyhow.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Stop the potty training, he is having an emotional response to going #2---my hubbs was spanked for pooping in his pants when he was little and had major issues,, please I am not accusing you of spanking him, but he sounds like he might need some more fiber in his diet, or you could try Fletcher' Castoria once a day,,, just ease up on the potty training and give him some prunes!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:16 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I just ask him if he wants to go potty. Sometimes he says yes sometimes he says no. I don't try to force it on him. I just thought that he was interested because he is always saying Mama doo doo potty and he sits on it himself (he has his own)
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Sounds like he needs miralax. Poor baby
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• make sure he gets plenty of juice and water. it sounds like constipation!

babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011