meatballs

help,,they fall apart in crockpot ,,,what am i doing wrong??

cameron536

Asked by cameron536 at 5:42 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Usually if I am making home made meatballs I bake them in the oven first. This way they can get up and then I put the in something else.

I am also sure it has something to due with the ingredients used.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:24 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Are you using bread crumbs?
    I'll list ingredients that I use, maybe this will help ; )
    1 lb hamburg
    1 egg
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    parsley
    onion or onion powder
    That's it...the sauce flavors the meat, the meat flavors the sauce while it cooks.
    I love to cook the meatballs right in the sauce, especially slow cooked in the crockpot. I'm thinking it's either the egg, or the breadcrumbs. I hope this helped.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 8:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• You probably need to add more bread crumbs. Are you using egg to bind them? Egg will help them to hold together.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 2:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i bake mine... i never use them in the crock pot, unless hubby wants them... also it helps control the grease, after you bake them for like.... 30 min or so, til they look done, then you can put them in the crock pot and add your sauce.. good luck
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:46 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Yeah, I would bake or pan fry them first. Once they are cooked even part of the way you can put them in the crock and they should hold together better...

IF not... Try more egg and bread crumbs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:20 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes i fry them first
    fire

Answer by fire at 12:53 PM on Dec. 13, 2008