4-year-old Aelita Andre gets her own NY art show, sells paintings for $27K

what do you guys think??

http://shine.yahoo.com/event/momentsofmotherhood/4-year-old-aelita-andre-gets-her-own-ny-art-show-sells-paintings-for-27k-2494801/?pg=6#comments

happymom8262

Asked by happymom8262 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• This child was given the tools and allowed the freedom to use them as she chose. Most kids are controlled in art. Look at the art projects. The all come home with basicly identical projects. The projects have an example and the kids are told to do just as the example shows. They need to be allowed to explore and get messy and create their own art.
    Let's all run out and get the supplies for our little ones. Let them loose.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• if people are willing to pay that for her art, then I don't see why not.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• It's kinda fun,not something I'd pay for but its fun.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 11:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it's just normal kid art. That's just me personally, though. I'm sure my kids have done similar at home, when they have the freedom to do what they will with the supplies at hand.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 11:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Not unusual or unheard of. There is a documentary called My KId Could Paint That. Buyers are always looking for conversation pieces and to one up their other friends. A work of art by a child is big bucks for the novilty and if the artist continues to produce and evolve as the child grows into adulthood. On the other hand it is a risk as a buyer because several child artists have been found to be helped along by an adult....dispite all the art shows, media, and interviews to the contrary. As an investment I would not risk it. As for my child, If his work was found to be of interest to the community at large then I would have to really think about it. If he wanted to do it I would only allow two shows a year and in each showing only a dozen or so pieces would be up for sale or auction. Being too prolific and over produced is an issue. No interviews. No media.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011