colitis

Anybody have this disease and who takes prednisone? how much does your Dr perscribe you and when do you start feling better? thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• sorry,,,feeling
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have it and have had several cycles (relapses). I took Prednisone in 4-6 week cycles on a step down schedule every time I had a flare. I started feeling better about 2-3 weeks into the treatment. Over the years, adjusting to the disease, I've found that diet management is the best preventative and often use that now at the beginning to control a flare instead of medication. Msg me if you have more questions.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:21 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have UC and I have taken prednisone for a month cycle and it did not work at all I bleed right through it. Everybodys body is different, watching what you eat helps alot, certain people cant eat certain things when they have colitis with me its sugar
    roseym

Answer by roseym at 2:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2008