When did you move (or plan to move) your baby to his/her own room?

We moved LO to his own room at 10 weeks because he was kicking his legs over the side of the bassinet. He is doing really well in his crib.

Kellison16

Asked by Kellison16 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would start early bc then you will ahave a problem putting him/her in a room by hemself
    mz_cuellar254

Answer by mz_cuellar254 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• my oldest was 2 weeks, but that was because she didn't sleep very well in the same room as us. She slept better once we put her in her own room. My second was 3 months (when she slept through the night). My third is due in auguest and I plan to wait as long as possible. This one is our last thats why lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• All of my kids from my 13 year old down to my 5 month olds have been in there own rooms since we brought them home from the hospital. the younger ones down stairs in the basement and the older ones upstairs.
    I live down there with them since it is much more quieter, safer, and the washer and dryer are right next to me, With a little kitchenette what more could I need.
    The older ones say it has made them stronger not to be so clingy to Ma or Pa.
    They only sleep with us if the weather is bad, or the power goes out. and that is just the younger ones.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 8:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• When she's ready... she is almost 8 months and we bedshare. It works for us and neither one of us likes to sleep away from each other!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 8:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Son: He had a cradle (family heirloom) in his room so he was there from the day we brought him home.

Daughter: when she outgrew the hand-me-down bassinet we were given. About 3-4 months, maybe less.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• All 5 of mine were in their cribs in their room from the first night we were home from the hospital.

Answer by missanc at 9:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We moved my twins into their own room at 11 months (they shared a room though), I moved my 3rd baby into her room at 18 months, then moved her into her sister's room at 19 months because she refused to sleep in her room alone...she did much better with her sisters...My 5 month old is in my room and in my bed and probably will be there until he's 18 months-2 years, depending on him.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I put my son in his crib when he's 1 month old, b/c he's getting too big on the bassinet and he makes a lot of noises at night. His room is very close and we bought a monitor to watch him, i think it's great for the parent and the kid. My son likes to sleep with his arms out wide so the cribs gives him a lot of room to move
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We are actually planning on doing it this month. He'll be 6 months. But it's only because I think we're both ready for it.
    Naplesmommy03

Answer by Naplesmommy03 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We moved my son into his own room almost 2 weeks ago, right after he turned 6 months old. If I could have he would have been in his own room once he was born but up until recently we lived in a 1 bedroom apartment so I had to wait.
    pinkie8986

Answer by pinkie8986 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2011