Good idea, bad idea?

So upon working on a reconciliation, I had this idea. have you ever wanted to just express your feelings about something to your spouse but wasn't completely honest? Meaning you left some stuff out, sugar coated, whatever, just to keep the peace? Well things between me and the husband are pretty solid but there are some things that still need to be cleared up. I thought, how about a conversation where we can both be honest about how we feel about some things without expectation of the other person, or fear of consequence. I'm not talking about a confessional here, just expressing some raw emotion. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on what your leaving out and how much damage it will do. If it can be left unsaid...go ahead and leave it unsaid. But if its causing you stress, then have a heart to heart with him and get it all out...
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:21 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Very well may end in an argument, or someone getting hurt, depends on the subject I suppose, could also help each other understand better.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:26 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• i would suggest yall talk things through with eachother before in a calm manner try it without an arguement i know how men can be they dnt listen very well so best luck
    mz_cuellar254

Answer by mz_cuellar254 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• haha, a few lines of coke and DH could have great conversations like this, totally honesty with noone getting mad.
    Anonymous

• It all depends on what you're holding back. If its something that could cause more problems and add more questions sound than answers I would leave "well enough" alone. If you are just discussing feelings and things that annoy ect that probably would be okay.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 8:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We already do that. I have been told (not by my husband) I put the "brutal" in brutal honesty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:09 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it can be a bad idea. I believe you should be able to express all the emotions you want to with each other but if something was left out when the conversation first happened then it was left out for a reason and if you are holding resentment against yourself for not saying something then you need to go into the conversation like that. That it's more of a raw emotion for you then his reaction will be his raw emotion. Guys are pretty simple so expecting him to get all emotional probably won't happen like you are thinking.
    YellowBaby

Answer by YellowBaby at 9:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Give it a go ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:54 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• but keep in mind some things are better left unsaid ....
    tasches

• Thank for the advice ladies. He and I are both working on being better communicators and we really had an awesome talk. it's nearl 3 am and he is JUST leaving my house. I stayed away from things that are no longer relevent in our relationship and it went better than I expected.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011