DE(MOCK)RSY

IF WE the ppl of america are in charge of this country then why is it going down th sh*ter???i'm talking about the obamas seat being sold this is a new scandle and this is enough of this drama and crap lik it going on in washington i'm sick of it what canwe do to get the high school drama out of wash. and the cheaters out of there?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I seriously think, we the PEOPLE, need to march on capital hill and ask for our nation back
    i agree it's time some real people do this and we need to let them know they work for us!!!
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Last time I checked all politicians were liars and cheats so I am not surprised. There is always always drama in Washington. Its almost like some sort of rule.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't know. They ALL talk such a good game and are all SO slick! :( BOTH parties seem to have this problem too. I think people get a taste of power and will then do anything to keep it!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's a sad thing, all of this corrupt crap going on right now. No party is immune to scandal. With this current mess going on, I really hope that they punish the people that are guilty of crimes (just like with any scandal). I doubt the American people will hear everything on those 300 hours of taped conversations (who has time for that), but I would hope that the best interest of our nation will be served. I sort of doubt it will (as with any scandal in DC, this one will just take down a few players and then we will all forget about the rest). This being said, politics is a dirty game, and if you aren't dirty, you don't get anywhere. JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Start in your town. Write letters. Get involved! The only way to take our nation back is to actually take a step!
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 9:54 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With modern technology and rapid IT spreading information, it's just that we are informed of it now. This has been going on since Julius Cesar's time.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 10:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Our system of govt only works when the people get involved. Considering how many moms I saw on here that were practically proud that they didn't vote and "have no interest in politics because it doesn't affect me" I would say the people are not getting involved enough to make much difference. If we stand up and make our voices heard we can change things.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:12 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

Completely agree!! Volunteer, reach out, act.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Politics breeds greed and corruption. We as Americans need to get real and do our duty to vote the bad guys out and the good guys in. Voter Apathy is terrible in the US and that is the only way we can change things. I just hope the next 2 yrs make enough people mad as heck so they will vote as warrented
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008