Little girls in baithing suits.....

What do you allow your dd to wear?
Do you think that the bikinis with little straps or the little triangles of material are appropriate?

I prefer how a one piece looks, more modest and play appropriate.
But dd has such a long torso that a one piece cuts into the crease in her legs and leaves sores. If I buy one that is long enough for her then it's too baggy and falls off her shoulders.
So we buy 2 piece baithing suits, tankini styles. Much better for bathroom breaks too!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• We do tankinis for the bathroom break factor too...I like her tummy covered as much as a one peice.

For sun protection we actually do the little surfer rash guard tops. I love those, I want to find one for me.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 10:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• my dd is only 15 months old and I can't believe some of the bikini styles out there for her. She wears one pieces- although we are mostly at home, I don't trust some of the creepers out there with cameras and video recorders.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:36 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• We do tankinis as well. My daughter has a long torso, I have the opposite problem of having a short torso - so tankinis work well for both of us!

Answer by missanc at 9:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My girls (almost 11, 8 1/2 and 5) all have bikinis and I think they look adorable in them. They aren't anything new. I wore a bikini just like the ones my girls have when I was 4-5 years old. And that was back in the early 80s.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:34 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I love two pieces on babies! They are too adorable with their little chubby legs and pot bellies sticking out. I just want to snatch them up and nom on them! I plan to put my DD in a bikini for summer. I'll probably nom on her nonstop :) But there are bikinis that are too risque for the little ones.

mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 12:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I like those suits that have a surfer top. and shorts
    sadyjo31

Answer by sadyjo31 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• Tankinis or one piece, with short or skirt bottoms
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• tankinis are cute and they cover little girls up so tankinis
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• one wore a two pice last year but she was only at home so it was fine. she wears a one piece a daycare this year and ibought a one piece for home. i have no problems with twice pieces or one pieces. i buy what is cute.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:03 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• All of my girls' bathing suits (aged 3 and 6) are one pieces.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 10:15 PM on Jun. 10, 2011