Eczema

My dd has eczema and it has gotten way worse this summer! She used to have a few patches, little one's you'd see now and then. Now she has them all over the insides of her arms and her cream the Dr rx'd and the over the counter cream we use too apparently sting her. She will scream and scream it's stinging.
I don't know what to do, anyone have any advise on what I could do till I can get her to the Dr on Monday?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Try Sarna lotion and an oatmeal bath.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• The only thing that really helped to take away my son's eczema completely was to switch to a water softener that uses potassium instead of salt. Within a few days, it cleared up. To actually calm bad eczema that she's dealing with now, believe it or not, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, the "natural" version, works great! It's very calming and clears it up fast. It worked better than any of the prescription stuff we were given.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Oh Sarna lotion is another great suggestion. You can buy it anywhere. Walgreens has it, I'm sure.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I can't give you any fast remedies. But I did go online and looked up under google >>> fast at home remedies for eczema and found some good stuff. I would just try those and also instead of mess for it I would use some type of a mask from a skin care line. If ud like I could do some more research for you. I am going to school for skin car and would love to take this opportunity to see if I could help you.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• You can get Sarna at Walgreens and Walmart probably CVS too. My dd uses it for Psoriasis.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:44 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• My son used to get it and the doc. told us to use Aquafur (spelling), it is just an over the counter cream you can buy. We would get ours at Wal Mart but I think it could be bought just about anywhere.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Eczema is inflammation and needs to be treated from the inside; avoid dairy (it is a huge culprit), take a good quality probiotic and omega oils.
    Avoid Rx creams like Elidel (known to cause cancer) and topical steroids; avoid OTC creams, even those made for eczema as they contain ingredients (petrochemicals, etc.) known to exacerbate the condition (Vaseline, Aquafor, and baby oil are among the worst). Use organic, hexane-free extra virgin coconut oil or evening primrose oil (both topically and/or ingested for their numerous health/skin benefits).
    Replace all soaps, shampoos, etc. with natural versions. SLS, only one of many toxic ingredients in those products, is very aggravating to the skin.
    My DD suffered w/eczema for years; we were able to rid her once and for all using these methods. GL!

My DD suffered from birth to 9 years old and we were finally able to rid her once and for all using these methods.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• what is sarna lotion and where might I find it?
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thanks Hapsand123 that's sweet of you. I suppose I could look it up too just wanted to know of any tried and true methods.

AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Elocon Cream. I don't remember if is an OTC or prescription ointment.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:18 PM on Jun. 10, 2011