What would you do?....(Kinda Long!)

I have been in a relationship for three years, and off and on for the past year, and while we were off I slept with someone else then got back together with my on and off BF, then found out I was pregnant. An my BF knows the whole situation and agreed to stay and be here for me, but then he reminds me that the baby may not be his several times and won't even try to take on the responsibilities off maybe being a father again(He already has a son from a previous relationship). He also lets me know that if the baby isn't his then he may not want to be with me, when before that he told me if it was his baby then he wanted to marry me. I know I skrewed up and that is my fault, but him saying that he would stay and be there for then say the complete oppisite makes me think I may be setting myself up for a heart break and makes me feel his feeling are not real for me. I know it's hard for him, but if you love someone then you love them and you wouldn't leave them in a time of need. I have helped him take care of his son for the past three years, why wouldn't he want to do the same. So would you stay with him or let him go? I really do love him and want to be with him, but I can't set myself up for failure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• You need to sit down with him and discuss what he plans to do. You can't be waiting in limbo.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• sorry to be so blunt but let him go. Obivousley u cant reley on him being there if he keeps changing his mind, it sounds like he has some decions to make and to stick to and if ur son or daughter is born and he suddenly changes his mind off and on then think about what that would do to ur child.....
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Well it sounds like he doesn't even know what he wants, if I were you I would leave him, tell him that you guys shouldn't be together for now & when the baby is born you'll do a DNA & whatever the results are you guys will then take it from there & see whats best to do.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am going to be blunt, because guys like this piss me off lol

You weren't with him when you got preggers, so regardless of whose it is he can't blame you for anything. I mean he's prolly not innocent either and maybe he slept with others too. I assume the two of you have sex now, correct? So you're good enough for SEX and good enough to take care of HIS kid but he can't be a man and be there for you and yours? My current bf knew my kid and I were a package deal when we first started dating and he was fuckin only 19. This guy sounds like a jerk and I say if you can, cut your losses.

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 10:48 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Get a paternity test to find out who the baby's father really is and then make your decisions from there ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:52 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I totally agree with Sinai. I think sitting him down and asking him what his plans are is BS. You shouldn't have to make YOUR decisions around HIS decisions. Not when you have taken care of his kid. Not when he has flip flopped here. Not when he has said he loves you, and would be there for you. I understand he's a guy, sorry can't say man here, but come on. He's acting like a child.
    Look, it's already been an on again, off again relationship. And now he's really being not such a good guy. I think this should really show you he's not the sort of guy you want to spend the rest of your life with.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2011