Ds wants a birthday party at home and we don't have a very accomidating house for parties.

I'm hoping the weather will be nice and our fence will be done by then so the kids can play outside.
I need advise on how to have a small party at home. We usually have them somewhere else or at a friends house who has more space. We may have to consider that again.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If your daughter wants to have a party at home, you can always borrow outside tables and chairs.  have a few games such as pin the tale on the donkey, play freeze dance  get a pinata.  you can rent a jumpy house.  Bake cupcakes, and let the kids decorate their own.  You can also get the kids all water guns and have a bucket outside for them to fill.  (water balloons are fun too; if you do that let parents know to bring a towel). Hope your child has a wonderful birthday!!  Pizza and fruit is easy to serve or you can even make hotdogs.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 9:55 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• What about a park?
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Parks are nice. We always make sure that everyone knows the party is outside when we have parties at our house. If you have a big canopy tent that would be helpful for shade.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If the fence is not finished and it's not safe outside, you can have 5 kids inside. Rent a movie, make popcorn, and let that be the main entertainment. Just clear the living room of almost everything, and they can sit on the floor if there is not enough furniture. Theme the party around the movie,. (Toy Story, Cars, etc) Then cake, presents and they're done.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We use the park since our house is not great for parties either.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 11:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• We live in a town house and the common area is hilly, great for slip and slides though so we were probably going to do that. I love the water gun idea and water balloons. He's going to be 7.
    Most of the houses backing onto the common area are getting new fences so I'm hoping they're done in time! Otherwise it'll be a mess and not safe for the kids.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• If you can make it work outdoors then I say aim for that!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Don't invite a bunch of people if you don't have the space.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 12:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I only planned on a few, maybe 5 kids. But there's a lot of kids in the neighbourhood who would come because they're there and we're outside. It's hard to do a party outside without including them. That would be 9ish kids from the neighbourhood alone.
    AmandaH321

Comment by AmandaH321 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• I think the park is a great place to have a birthday party. We like to have my son's party at the park.
    dixiegurl223626

Answer by dixiegurl223626 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2011