Why are MILs like this?

I prepared a 1 minute video for my MIL of her grandchild waiving and saying Hi! to grandma. Grandma lives in Spain. So I got an email from her saying thank you for the video. She adds to the message that I should've have put a sweater on my son and she also said that it is windy and feels that her grandchild is shivering. If you were in my position would you write back to explain that it was 80 degrees here and yes it was windy but it was not cold as she believes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes let her know it's warm and you welcome the wind as it keeps your from sweating so much. Maybe drop a comment that you're sorry she saw so much fault in your parenting that she didn't enjoy the video to the fullest!

Or just stop sending her these fun little videos. I used to keep my mil up to date on ds's milestone accomplishments. But she would tell me things like, that's too early or you'd better be careful. I suppose she thought she was helping but it really wasen't helpful. I just stopped telling her the little things.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• first... ALL mil are not like that.

second... she loves that baby and is only going off what she thinks she knows based on her life... let it be... it is kind of cute. She raised your hubby and put sweaters on him... she probably just wishes she could be there to put a sweater on her little grandchild... even if it is in the 80s... LOL.

just send your love and ignore those types of comments.
    Anonymous

• LOL nah mother in laws are simply a pain & with yours being so far away she probably feels like she is missing out on all kinds of stuff. Just let this one roll & most all the other smaller ones. Keep your energy for larger battles to come & I'm sure there will be a few =)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Aren't MIL's great? ha ha ha
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 9:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thank you to all the moms who commented on my post. I feel much better now. Thanks a million!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:13 PM on Jun. 10, 2011