How often is it normal for a toddler to get sick?

My daughter has gotten the same sickness within a few months. She had a sore throat, fever and vomiting. A couple months later she got the same thing(now). We are headed for a 10 hour drive tomorrow morning and she just got sick today. I want to know if it is normal for a toddler to get sick that often? And has anyone traveled with a sick toddler?

LT70

Asked by LT70 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It all depends on her enviroment, other kids around her, daycare, preschool and so on.
    My son seemed to be sick pretty often but when he started school he has not been as sick. Maybe he built his immune system up?
    I have never travelled with a sick child, good luck to you. Is it something you could postpone? If she's had this before how long did it last? Maybe she'll be good to go tomorrow.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I always say when it comes to health issues, talk to a doctor, they will know best.

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 10:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011