is it right to have children if you are gay?

either men or women.

Chazzms

Asked by Chazzms at 7:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yeah serious. Friends of me (lesbian) have a daughter and they are raising her together. They are lovely parents to that girl and i dont think what the sexual orientation has to do with parenting skills.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:33 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Someone's sexual orientation does not define their ability to parent. Good Parents are people who have stability, lots of love, time and patience. That can come in any form. I do think people who are Gay need to have a good understanding of how their children might possibly be affected by society and be prepared to help their children cope. As long as they are stong enough to withstand the inevitable criticism....I say go for it.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:02 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• is it right to hae children if your blond? come on they are people everyone is different doesn't mean they are going to be a horrible parent'
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I don't see how the gay factor has anything to do with parenting skills.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 8:20 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well whether its alright or not doesnt seem to matter. It is literally impossible to homosexuals to procreate because two women and two men cant make a baby. Theyd have to adopt or go to a sperm bank and then do things that way. My only concern is that most of the time if the couple splits then only one parent has the legal right to the child, therefore cheating a child out of one or the other parent if its a hostile break up. I also see it as confusing during developmental times for the child when his peers might have a mom and dad and they dont. I guess I reserve my right to see the outcome of the children in the next 20 yrs. Then someone can actually answer the question because Im sure studies are being done on this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I am soooo sick of hearing about "gay people" who gives a crap if you like your sex one way or the other? i'm a woman & i like men should i have children? gezzzz what you do in bed does not define you as a good parent or not, not even a good person LEAVE THE SEX OUT OF IT AND ASK THIS ? AGAIN!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i understand that people are starting to get annoyed with that fact thats lots of people ask "gay" questions, but i was generally wondering what women thought of this subject because some people think its wrong dont they?
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 9:03 AM on Dec. 11, 2008