How do you feel..

About adoption or
Abortion...
Or do you feel if you made it...take care of it..

Yogi31

Asked by Yogi31 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Adoption

• I feel that as the mother/father you should give that baby the BEST LIFE they can possibly have. There are plenty of compassionate, loving and willing couples out there who ache so badly for a child of their own......
    I don't believe in abortion.
    Anonymous

• I'm all for 'If you made it, take care of it'.. Totally against abortion..
    Fantasystar

Answer by Fantasystar at 11:11 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think adoption is a very hard decision to make. I think it is the most selfless gift a woman can give to someone unable to have their own child. I think that if you make a baby and want the baby then you should keep the baby. I am also pro choice.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:14 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Some ppl have they reason fo abortion....
    Like getting raped....you will hv a kid if sumbdy raped you???
    Yogi31

Comment by Yogi31 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I was always for abortion until I got older. Now I am against it. If someone raped you and you don't want the baby, give it up for adoption. There are so many people out there who would love to have a baby.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• Thats true but we cant say how that women will take it...or how she will feel for them 40wks....wit that man's child???
    Yogi31

Comment by Yogi31 (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am anti abortion-pro-life. But I do believe abortion can/should happen only under very few circumstances. AS for a woman being raped and getting pregnant I see nothing wrong with her aborting it. I am a rape survivor. What happen traumatized me and will forever scar me. But scars fade. If i were to get pregnant when I was raped I honestly think it would have made things worse for me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think forcing a rape victim to carry their rapist child is just as bad as the rape itself. I guess with some woman its different but just because one woman can do it doesnt mean all rape victims should do it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I think it really depends on the situation and circumstances.

When I screwed up and got pregnant within a few months of dating the father I briefly considered abortion. I was not financially stable, or able, to take care of myself, let alone this future child. But I owed it to the father to tell him. That baby is now 7.5, he has a sister that's 4, and I married the father (of BOTH kids) 7 years ago. Adoption was not an option for me. If I carried that baby to full term I WOULD NOT be able to give him up.

I think either adoption or abortion is a viable choice for mothers. Which one is right or better? I don't know. I only know what works for me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:46 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I am pro life. The percentage of abortions that occur due to rape, incest, or risk to the baby or mother's health make up less than 5% of abortions, and I would listen to an argument in these cases. I definitely feel that if you make it, you ought to take care of it, but if you are unwilling to step up to that plate, adoption. And yes, I would have and keep the baby if I were raped...I have zero doubt or hesitation about saying that. That baby would be innocent and half mine.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2011