For those of you that have had their gallbladders removed....what were your symptoms leading up to removal? How was the surgery/recovery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Health

• I had great pain under the rib cage. I could not eat peanut products. I ended up only eating dry cereal. The surgery and recovery was easy. The only symptom I remembered was that they blow air in the area while performing the surgery and I felt like I was having a heart attack after recovery. I had to lift my arm in the air and it aleived the feeling. It scarewd me. Other than that it took awhile for my pain and cramps to stop. I thought something was wrong, but it was just healing post surgery....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:39 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• I had an enormous amount of pain in my side and wrapping around toward my back. I could not eat anything with any amount of fat at all. Which left jello and very little else. The surgery went fine. The hardest part was the recovery. I wish someone had told me it helped to lie flat on my back with heating pad under me. When I woke up I was in a lot of pain, mostly in my back, from the air that was used during the surgery. They gave me one more shot to kill the pain and it did nothing. They wouldn't let me leave until I showed them I could walk so DH helped me get up and I walked down the hall and was discharged. We went to the pharmacy and I got my meds filled. I slept off and on that day and all night. I woke up the next morning feeling 90% better. After that it was easy. No more of that awful pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2011

• i was stuck in bed for a week afterwards. before i had severe pain in my back anytime i ate anything. even lettuce. i vomited a lot before too. take it easy afterwards, i got up too soon and re-opened the wound =(
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 5:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2011