What would you charge

To take elderly people who can't drive to the stores and run their errands? The store requires staying and helping them do their shopping, getting them home, unloading everything. And then occasionally running errands like picking up their meds and dropping them off. I was doing it for free but I think I need to charge but I want to be fair. These people are using me way too much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Jun. 10, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not sure how much you should charge but, you definitely should be getting payed something.. it is not easy to take someone elderly on shopping trips, ect.. it is really nice that you have been doing it for nothing but, you can't let them take advantage- even if they aren't meaning to.. Good Luck:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:59 PM on Jun. 10, 2011

• you could do flat rate per week or per day. maybe check the paper or craigslist to see what other "helpers" are charging. you need to at least get gas $$ and your time is valuable too. $10-$15/hr. care.com also has companions so you will get an idea. Good Luck
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 10, 2011